Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Monochromatic Challenge for the Cuttin' and Stampin' Blog!

#33
Challenge:   Monochromatic 
August 20 - 26th, 2013

Hello My Wonderful Crafty Friends!
Today is my Design Team Day for Cuttin and Stampin Challenges.

Our challenge this week - and I DO hope you'll choose to join in and accept the challenge - - is to make a Monochromatic Card!

I am not sure I've ever created one of my very own although I have always admired them!  So I gave it a try!
Let's take a quick look at the card and we'll go into some details!

I decided to make a simple but pretty in pink card!
I layered two different colors of pink cardstock to form the base of my card and added a very thin strip of this perfectly pink ribbion I had in my stash! 
 I then free hand cut
rectangles and ran them through my Cuttlebug. I used the Cricut "Swiss Dots" embossing folder for my center piece and A LifeStyle Crafts embossing folder from the set called "Jubliant" for the two side pieces.
I popped those rectangles up on foam squares to give my card some dimension and interest.

After digging around my stamp stash - I found this cute little sentiment stamp that says 
" a Little Hello" that fit perfectly on the edge of my card!  
 The stamp set is an older one by Hampton Art called "footlongs" and the specific stamp set was Hot Fudge Studio - which sounds really yummy but did not have a thing to do with the sentiments in the set!  
Here is one last look at my card to inspire you to join in the challenge!
Now please get busy creating and link up to us and you may win a prize!

Please make sure your creation post has a link back to Cuttin' and Stampin'

Thanks for playing along we will be announcing the winners on August 30, 2013.

You can link your project Here

I am linking up to:
Photobucket

10 comments:

Life - Up, Down & Sideways said...

I LOVE your card. I think you did an awesome job.

Tammy S.

Donna K said...

Oh, Teresa! This is a lovely card for sure! I have never done a mono chromatic card (that I can recall) and this would be such a fun challenge. I hope I can sneak in some crafty time to give this a try! Have a wonderful day today, my friend!

Craft Confectionery said...

love love love pink! its my fav ;)

Denise S.
psst I am a new follower too
www.craftconfectionery.com

bricki said...

Very cute teresa. I like that

bricki said...

Very cute Teresa I like that

bricki said...

I like that

Anonymous said...

Oh mama bird this is so cute!!! Love the texture you added to the paper. Miss you, hugs!

Nadja

Desi Lee Designing Divas said...

very cute love the embossing and the colors.

Lisa Ch

Kathy Salido said...

Great job Teresa!! I love the texture from the embossing.

Jen R said...

Love your card Teresa...You can't go wrong with Pink. :)

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!