Monday, November 8, 2010

Cricut Circle Meet Up and projects

I had the opportunity to go to the Cincinnati Cricut Circle Meet Up this past Saturday.
It was not an easy "feat" considering I had to go alone on crutches!  It was great to meet some new people and learn some new things about what is coming up for Provo Craft!  I think I could have enjoyed it a lot more had I been more moblie and could have walked around to talk to more people.  Had I not fallen on my way out to the car would have made a better day as well!  LOL!
We were asked to make "Calling Cards" to be exchanged with other Circle members as well as to be used for the drawing for prizes! The cards were to be 3" by 3".  I made "chocolate covered strawberries" for my 3x3 card.  On the back I printed my name and member information while the front is the strawberry from the Cricut Lite Cartridge "Celebrate With Flourish".  I used a glitter brown and a glitter white paper to make the chocolate on the strawberries!  I inked the edges of the scalloped circle and the outside of the square cards as well.
Click on a picture to enlarge to see it better! 
For my tag, I made it a Chirstmas tag with a bird from the Birthday Cake Cartriddge, the tag from Joys of the Season and a santa hat also from Joys of the Season Cartridge.  I found this cute "pom pom" ribbon from Michaels and also added a pom pom to his hat.  I used the Cuttlebug to emboss the layer on the tag. 
Both projects are cuter in person than in these photos...and I really like the tag much better than the calling card!
Let me know what you think!

This is a photo taken by a fellow Circle Member also named Teresa!
She and her daughter helped me out while I was there and I appreciated it so much! 

2 comments:

Gail S. said...

I bet you enjoyed the meeting--even with the inconveniences. Did you really fall on the way out? Your calling cards are very cute. I especially like the little chocolate covered strawberry.

Heather Lynn said...

Oh no! What did you do to your foot? Glad that's all better! Now you just need to get all recooperated from your latest surgery so we can get together! Love your cute little strawberry cards!

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!